Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Have your cake

Suddenly, over the last month or so I have felt inspired, even driven maybe, to bake cakes. Yummy ones. With delicious fillings and delectable frostings and something akin to lovely decorations. (Obviously I'm about as far from professional as a person can get. Like my little plastic decorating tube?)
Because I am a firm believer that no woman should ever have to bake her own birthday cake. EVER! Especially moms. And because no child is ever going to let their mom get away without having one AND because I'm sure there a
re more women out there who -like me- wouldn't dream of BUYING a cake for themselves when they could make one for $25 less, I've decided to bake birthday cakes myself and give them to my friends who might otherwise feel obligated to bake their own.
I've done regular sized ones for my friends with families, but

I found these adorable little "single serving" size cake pans online which are perfect for those who don't. Monday I took them out for their debut and I was not disappointed! Look how cute these little cakes are! And my kids were thrilled that the cake mix (Yeah, see. Not professional.) made 5 little cakes (double stacked- so 10 individual layers) meaning that after we gave away the two birthday ones, we had three left over for Family Home Evening treats!
These ones are German chocolate filled and topped with Coconut Pecan frosting and frosted with chocolate buttercream. Mmm. Mmm.




Now. Who's going to make MY birthday cake?

2 comments:

  1. OOh, Ooh, ME! ME! Those are so darling! And the thought of that gooey homemade coconut/pecan frosting in the center makes me weak in the knees. I'm glad there are people like you out there doing the good work and looking out for birthday moms. You're fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The same blood definitely runs in my veins. I will bake your birthday cake, if you let me borrow those cute molds. And if I can come eat it with you.

    ReplyDelete