Monday, April 30, 2012

Cake it On

 Yellow cake filled and frosted with vanilla whipped cream frosting.  She wanted a "flower cake" and wanted them made out of sour straws so this is what  we came up with.  She loved it.
Tasty too.
White cake with strawberry filling, frosted with vanilla buttercream and topped with white chocolate shavings.
For a friend.  Didn't get to taste this particular one


BUT... Fallon wanted a "strawberry cake" for her birthday so I made the same thing with extra strawberries on top and I had more than my fair share of that one!  Mmmm...
Yellow cake, chocolate ice cream (dredged in Oreo crumbs), and Airhead tomatoes and lettuce, fondant cheese.
Fun party cake!
I didn't take photos, but this month I also made a German Chocolate cake, with peanut butter filling, chocolate buttercream, and "decorated" with Reese's Peanut butter Cup pieces on top.  Divine!
But I think the favorite was the "Black Forrest" cake:  Devil's food cake, a little chocolate buttercream to crumb-coat, cherrie pie filling, frosted with Cool Whip, and topped with more cherries.  Always beautiful AND delicious.

2 comments:

  1. Whoa. That's a lot of cake! You are the cake queen! I almost called you a couple weeks ago, because I offered my services (decorating a cake) for a service auction, and had to pay up. I was nervous to try fondant, but I did it, and it was fabulous! I still have some in the fridge, and my kids eat a little each day like it's some rare form of candy. I can't wait for the next birthday to do it again! You are my inspiration....Maureen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a professional! Sooo creative and I can tell that they all taste as good as they look. You could go into business.
    (I laughed at Andrea's Pillow Talk reference).

    ReplyDelete